Vaseline (petroleum jelly) has been around for almost 150 years and is a staple in many households. It is inexpensive and has an infinite number of uses. You might be surprised of all of the things Vaseline can do for you. Discover 18 uses for vaseline you may not have known about below!
1. cracked heels : Put a coat of Vaseline on your feet at night, cover them with socks and wake up to softer feet – every day! This way, you don’t have to be shy every time you go to get a pedicure.
3. Dry skin : Apply some vaseline on your elbows every day – they will stay soft and smooth. No more alligator elbows!
4. Easy nail polishing : Apply Vaseline to your cuticles before polishing your nails to keep color off of the skin around your nails. You’ll get a perfect manicure—minus the cleanup.
5. Remove stains : Vaseline can be used to lift makeup stains from your clothes as well as pillows, blankets, and sheets. With a damp washcloth, rub some vaseline on your clothing and rinse, then watch it disappear.
7. Dry lips: Exfoliate your lips and apply a small amount of vaseline daily to keep them hydrated and from refrying.
8. Exfoliant: Mix a cup of sugar or sea salt with essential oil to vaseline and you’ll have a great exfoliant that moisturizes as well.
9. Growing eyelashes: Add a small amount to your eyelashes with a cotton applicator each night and over time your eyelashes will appear longer and thicker.
10. Aftershave: To calm irritation from shaving or waving, vaseline should be applied in a thin layer over the treated skin.
11. Dandruff: Apply a small amount to massage to your scalp before shampooing. Vaseline will help eliminate skin shedding and itching.
13. Tattoos: Protect your tattoo and help your skin heal by adding a small amount to your tattoo. In addition, vaseline helps your skin preserve the color of your tattoo.
14. Hair dying: Add vaseline along your hair line before you dye your hair to avoid staining your skin.
15. Hide Split Ends: Apply Vaseline to your hair to avoid split ends, you only need to apply a small amount of Vaseline, and only to the tips of your hair. This will lock-in moisture and nourish your hair.