How do you normally start your day ? With a cup of tea or coffee ? Well you probably didn’t know that the best way to start your day is with water.
The human body is mainly composed of water, 75% – muscles, 90% – brain, 22% – bone and 83% of our blood is water. Understanding this means we must be aware of the importance of consuming water daily, especially in the morning.
We should consume 1 to 4 glasses of water every morning. Below in the article you will find 10 reasons why you should follow this amazing tip.
Why you should drink water on an empty stomach ( 10 reasons )
Water is one of the most important things for a healthy life. Our whole body needs water in order to function smoothly and to be healthy.
- 1 or 2 glasses of water in the morning, before you eat anything, is doing miracles for your health. It is eliminating toxins and all waste products that we don’t need. Thanks to this, water helps prevent diseases and boosts metabolism at the beginning of every day.
- During the night the body works repairing cells and cleaning itself, therefore, drinking a glass of water on an empty stomach is very beneficial because this will give a boost to the body and will release all wastes, through urine.
- Drinking a glass of water or more on empty stomach helps minimise the harmful effects of some substances such as alcohol, tobacco, pollution, junk food, among others.
- Water is a great ally for the skin and very beneficial to your health; 2 cups of water on empty stomach will help maintain the elasticity and tonicity of the skin and prevent premature wrinkles.
- Drinking water in the morning protects and hydrates our vital organs and makes them healthy and maintains their functioning.
- 2-3 glasses of water on empty stomach is ideal for weight loss. Besides eliminating toxins from the body, water helps to burn fat and calories, so it reduces the feelings of hunger avoiding putting on weight by overeating.
- Water in the morning helps to maintain the overall good health because it helps us maintain the lymphatic system healthy, the intestinal transit, it helps us to control cortisol, and defends us against infections.
- Consuming a glass of warm water on empty stomach is a good way to start the day with energy, eliminating the sensation of sleep and fatigue that we usually experience in the morning.
- Drinking water before breakfast is ideal for combating and preventing constipation by stimulating the bowel movement.
- If you experience problems such as gastritis, water can become your best ally in treating this problem. Drink at least 3 glasses of water on empty stomach and this will help to reduce the level of acidity in your stomach and the cramps that can cause you gastritis.
ONE OF THE BEST HABITS YOU CAN GAIN IS TO DRINK WATER EVERY MORNING BEFORE DOING ANYTHING ELSE.
- It is recommended to start with small amounts of water if you are just starting with this habit. Start with 1 glass of water on empty stomach and you can gradually increase to 2 or 3.
- The water you drink should be of good quality. So check if the water coming out of your faucet meets the quality standards of drinking water, otherwise, you should get one that is healthy.
- You can also enjoy the health benefits of lemon with water. Just add squeezed lemon juice in a glass with water, and enjoy.