SS Rajamouli’s magnam opus “Baahubali 2: The Conclusion” has left every viewer awe-struck and wanting for more, despite the fact that whoever has watched the movie has got the answer to the question – Why Kattapa killed Baahubali?
It will be incorrect to say that we didn’t expected records to be broken by the second part of the franchisee as the first part was already a blockbuster and everyone was just waiting impatiently for the second part, since then. The movie was released on 8, 000 screens and it raked in Rs. 115 crore on the opening day which is quite high in comparison to any other movie. This is just the beginning and we are sure that many records will be made by this movie but do you know that the movie has already created 21 records in just 3 days.
Here is the detail of those records:
1) Highest number of screens not only in India but also in the US; Dangal got 6000 screens worldwide (Highest till date) but Bahubali 2 got 9000 screens.
2) Beat King Khan in terms of occupancy; Raees held this record with 70% occupancy, but Bahubali 2 got 25 percent more occupancy i.e. 95 percent.
3) Surpassed Aamir Khan’s Dangal which earned 18 crores from advance bookings; here too, Bahubali earned 2 times the amount i.e. 36 crores.
4) Shattered opening day collections of all big movies. Till date, it was Bahubali part 1 with 50 crores, but now, it’s Bahubali 2 with triple the amount i.e. 122 crores. Didn’t spare Rajinikanth as well; crossed Kabali’s opening day collections too which were around 47 crores.
5) Bahubali 2 is the first movie to earn 165 crores on the first weekend (Hindi version). Luckily, it got a 4 day weekend as Monday was a holiday
6) First movie (All versions) to earn cross 500 crores on the first weekend. The opening weekend collection was 521 crores.
7) First movie to earn 40 crores on a Monday; usually, the collections drop on the first Monday, but Bahubali 2 stayed strong.
8) First dubbed movie (In Hindi) to earn 41 crores on the opening day.
9) Usually films cross 100 crores in 2-3 days, but Bahubali 2 (All versions) did the same on the very first day itself by minting 121.5 crores.
10) The Telugu version got the highest opening in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana. It collected 53 crores in these states.
11) Even the Malayalam, Telugu and Tamil versions got highest openings (80 crores).
12) Highest opening day of 2017! Do you think any other movie will be able to surpass it?
13) In Thursday premiers, Bahubali 2 topped the list and surpassed Fast and Furious, Boss Baby and Beauty & Beast, the Hollywood giants.
14) Fastest film to enter 200 crores club; earlier this record was with Sultan which did so in 7 days, but Bahubali 2 (All versions) surpassed it very easily in just 2 days.
15) Highest 2nd day collections till date; the 2nd day total of all versions was 102 crores.
16) Highest 2nd day collections for the Hindi version; it earned 42 crores on the 2nd day i.e. Saturday.
17) Highest 2 day earnings in the U.S; on the 1st day it earned $3 million and on the 2nd day it earned $3.47 million, bringing the total to $8.16 million.
18) Fastest Rs. 10 crore in Kerala; the movie reached the mark of Rs. 10 crore in Kerala in just 2 days, which is a record.
19) Highest first Sunday ever; the movie earned Rs. 42 crores on Day 3 (Sunday) which is a record.
20) Highest three day collection till date; well, even if we talk about Hindi version only, the movie has earned Rs. 125 crores in three days surpassing any other movie.
21) Highest single day collection till date; undoubtedly, Baahubali has raked in such figures which easily made it highest single day collection till date.
So many records in just 3 days, IMPRESSIVE! What’s your take on this? Share your views in our comments section below.
It's only fair to share...000