Stomach bloating and gas is a common complaint. It is a condition in which the stomach feels full and tight due to buildup of gas in the small intestine. It sometimes causes the area to appear larger than normal. Many times, bloating is accompanied by other symptoms like cramps, belching, pain, diarrhea, shortness of breath and lower back pain.
What are the common causes of Bloating?
- Lactose intolerance and other food intolerances
- Air swallowing
- Irritable bowel syndrome
It is not difficult to get rid of gas and bloating, though it seems very difficult! You can easily get rid of it by following this simple remedy.
You will need…
- 1 cup water
- 1 pinch ground ginger
- 1 pinch ground cumin
- 1 pinch sea salt
- ½ teaspoon of fennel seeds
Bring water to a boil and place all other ingredients into the boiling water. Boil for about 5 minutes. Let the tonic cool. Drink a glass before or after a meal to help with gas or bloating.
HOW IT HELPS?
- Fennel seeds are very effective for digestive problems like bloating due to their carminative, diuretic, pain-reducing and anti-microbial properties.
- Cumin or Jeera is very beneficial for your digestive system and enhances its functioning. so, the food you eat is digested properly. It also facilitates the bile production by the liver which relieves from the bloating, acidity, abdominal gas and etc.
- You may think that spicy ginger would irritate the stomach, but ginger is in fact a soothing herb. Ginger is a carminative which means it relieves the pressure of bloating by helping gas pass through the digestive system. It contains gingerols, which act as pain relievers and shogaols, which soothe and relax the intestinal muscles.