Watermelons are the best refreshment for the hot summer days. The watermelon is a low-calorie, nutrient-rich and a very hydrating fruit because of the high water content. Most people don’t know that the entire fruit is edible including the seeds and rind which are excellent for the health of the cardiovascular system. The watermelon seeds are also good for preventing and treating health problems such as hypertension and atherosclerosis.
Besides being delicious, watermelons are also extremely healthy and you should definitely eat more of them.
However, you should pay attention to the inside of a watermelon once you cut it. Throw the watermelon immediately if there are cracks on the inside because this is an indication of an artificially crated watermelon. This type of watermelon is unhealthy and can cause neurological disorders and even tumors.
5 tips for choosing the right watermelon
- Weird white spots on the shell of the watermelon are a sign that the fruit is completely natural
- The more the flower was pollinated the sweeter the fruit
- Sweeter watermelons are round and stout
- Avoid too big or too small watermelons, choose an average-sized instead
- The ripeness of the watermelon is indicated by the tail. A ripe watermelon has a dry tail
We have also prepared a recipe for watermelon juice that is both healthy and delicious.
Summertime watermelon juice recipe
- ½ medium sized watermelon with rind
- 1 cup of fresh mint
- 2 limes with skin
Juice the mint first, then the limes and the watermelon. Add some ice and enjoy drinking your healthy refreshment.