Palm reading, otherwise known as palmistry or chiromancy, is practiced all over the world. It has its roots in Indian astrology and Roma fortune-telling.The objective is to evaluate a person’s character or future by studying the palm of their hand. Whether you’re an aspiring palm reader or you’re just looking for a fun way to pass the time and impress your friends, here’s how to gain insight just by holding someone’s hand.
1) Choose a hand. In palmistry, it is thought that:
For females, the right hand is what you’re born with, and left is what you’ve accumulated throughout your life.
For males, it is the other way around. The left hand is what you’re born with, and the right is what you’ve accumulated throughout your life.
That being said, you can also choose whichever hand is dominant to be your present/past life hand (the non-dominant hand would then be your future life hand).
There are different schools of thought on the matter. Some say the left hand shows potential and what could be — not necessarily what will be. And a difference in the hands could mean one is or is about to take action when it comes to their lives, changing it.
2) Identify the four major lines. There may be breaks in them or they may be short, but at least three of them are there.
- (1) The heart line
- (2) The head line
- (3) The life line
- (4) The fate line (not everybody has this).
3) Interpret the heart line. This line can be read in either direction (from the pinkie finger to the index finger or vice versa) depending on the tradition being followed. It’s believed to indicate emotional stability, romantic perspectives, depression, and cardiac health. The basic interpretations are as follows:
- Begins below the index finger – content with love life
- Begins below the middle finger – selfish when it comes to love
- Begins in the middle – falls in love easily
- Straight and short – less interest in romance
- Touches life line – heart broken easily
- Long and curvy – freely expresses emotions and feelings
- Straight and parallel to the head line – good handle on emotions
- Wavy – many relationships and lovers, absence of serious relationships
- Circle on the line – sadness or depression
- Broken line – emotional trauma
- Smaller lines crossing through heart line – emotional trauma
4) Examine the head line. This represents a person’s learning style, communication approach, intellectualism, and thirst for knowledge. A curved line is associated with creativity and spontaneity, while a straight line is linked with practicality and a structured approach. The basic interpretations are as follows:
- Short line – prefers physical achievements over mental ones
- Curved, sloping line – creativity
- Separated from life line – adventure, enthusiasm for life
- Wavy line – short attention span
- Deep, long line – thinking is clear and focused
- Straight line – thinks realistically
- Donuts or cross in head line – emotional crisis
- Broken head line – inconsistencies in thought
- Multiple crosses through head line – momentous decisions.
5) Evaluate the life line. This begins near the thumb and travels in an arc towards the wrist. It reflects physical health, general well being, and major life changes (for example, cataclysmic events, physical injuries, and relocations). Its length is not associated with length of life. The basic interpretations are as follows:
- Runs close to thumb – often tired
- Curvy – plenty of energy
- Long, deep – vitality
- Short and shallow – manipulated by others
- Swoops around in a semicircle – strength and enthusiasm
- Straight and close to the edge of the palm – cautious when it comes to relationships
- Multiple life lines – extra vitality
- Circle in line indicates – hospitalized or injured
- Break – sudden change in lifestyle
6) Study the fate line. This is also known as the line of destiny, and it indicates the degree to which a person’s life is affected by external circumstances beyond their control. It begins at the base of the palm. The basic interpretations are as follows:
- Deep line – strongly controlled by fate
- Breaks and changes of direction – prone to many changes in life from external forces
- Starts joined to life line – self-made individual; develops aspirations early on
- Joins with the life line somewhere in the middle – signifies a point at which one’s interests must be surrendered to those of others
- Starts at base of thumb and crosses life line – support offered by family and friends.
It's only fair to share...1.1k00